Saturday, April 21, 2012

The BE Attitudes


I've always wondered where the term "Beatitudes" came from since it's not mentioned in the Bible per se. I got to learn that the word has a Latin origin, "Beatus" which translates to "Be happy". 


By the way, did I mention that The Beatitudes is one of my favourite Bible Teachings ever and did I mention that I love to remix Bible verses maintaining the pure undiluted message but creatively setting up my version.? Call it The Oyez version if you wish :D


Now to the Beatitudes, the BE-ATTITUDES, the ATTITUDES we must BEhave, BEcome & BElieve for us to BE.


Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. 
- BE humble so you can BElong to God's kingdom.

Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted.
- BE happy, don't worry, you'll BE heard.

Blessed are the meek, for they will inherit the earth. 
- BE gentle, the earth BElongs to you.

Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled. 
- BE willing to do what's right always, you'll BE satisfied/contended.

Blessed are the merciful, for they will be shown mercy. 
- BE merciful, you'll BE BEstowed with mercy

Blessed are the pure in heart, for they will see God. 
- BE of a clean heart, you'll get to see GOD's real BEing

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God.
 - It BEhoves you to love peace, you'll BE called GOD's BEgotten.

Blessed are those who are persecuted because of righteousness, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
-BE patient during persecutions, God's kingdom BElongs to you.

Hope you enjoyed my version of the Beatitudes culled from Matthew 5: 3 - 12. I'll be sharing more of my versions of other interesting Bible passages as time goes on, be sure to get more updates. There's fun in God's word, right?

BE!

1 comment:

  1. Fantastic..just this Sunday my pastor preached about the beattitude..it was a reflective moment me..thanks for throwing more light..and I like your version.keep it up..all We need in this world is God..it would be a better place if We could do according to his word..

    ReplyDelete