Thursday, March 8, 2012

Good Excuse or Bad Decision?

When a girl wants to just hang out with you but wants nothing close to dating you, her best line of excuse would most likely be "Hey, I like you as my friend, I see you as a brother but that's all, I want nothing more. I think we should be just friends".
Right?
Brothers, can I have a witness?
Sisters, don't you think you've over-used this excuse already?
But come to think about it, as defensive and considerable as this "turn-off" sounds, it is actually the worst most immature and unthinkable decision. Any lady that uses those lines as a guard when she doesn't want to go into a relationship should be given hard-knocks for eloquently telling the world how much of a terrible decision maker she is.
Yea, you may think I'm talking from a sad experience. You are not far from the truth. It wasn't a sad experience because I was turned-down, it's only sad because I expected her to be smart enough to know that her choice for a boyfriend (or future-husband as the case may be) should be her best male friend.
We all know the bond best friends have. They naturally stick together, look out for each other. They laugh at each other's dry jokes. They defend and protect each other. They confide in each other. They are like family. Now shouldn't that be a perfect choice for a lady?
This isn't rocket home-economics. It's just common sense. If a lady needs a boyfriend and she's been asked out by a guy she calls "close friend", I think she should just go ahead and say "Yes" after all, she is already comfortable with the guy, they probably have the same tastes, likes and dislikes from them to have been friends.
Ladies, it's a good sign if you see a man as your brother, that's a better reason to want to date him. It means you can look up to him for protection, support and advice. Right?
Well, I admit she has her reasons and decision to make. However, it is an unreasonable to say, "I only want you as my best friend, not my lover". That's like saying, "You are too good for me. I don't want the best things in life. I want a guy who isn't my best friend, who doesn't like what I like, who doesn't think like I do. I want a little drama in my life, not some perfect relationship like best friends share"
How terrible!