Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Oyez! & Tha BeLivaz - The Live Band

And so it all started like a joke. I jokingly posted on my Facebook page that I wanna start up a live music band.
I've always like the Black Eyed Peas and their ability to perform their style of Hip Hop (or funk as you might call it) in a life performance. Lately, I've been attending monthly editions of #Club23 powered by the Gospel According 2 Rap (GA2Rap) crew and I really fancy the way they do their rap songs with a live band. That really adds quality to the music, gives them an edge.
So as I was saying, I jokingly said on Facebook that I would love to start up a live band and asked for anyone interested to enrol to join. I got some good responses but the best one came via chat from my long time childhood friend Japhet. Japhet has a band actually.
He gave me Osagie's (a drummer) number and said he'll speak with him on my behalf. To cut the long story short, I had a couple of meetings with Osagie and two other instrumentalists - Eno (keyboardist) and Emmanuel ( bass guitarist). Rehearsals space became a challenge but Emmanuel fixed that in no time.God used him to provide a venue.
Now that instrumentalists and rehearsal venue was fixed, I had to source for backup vocalists. I'll tell y'all more about the vocalists next time :D.

We had our first rehearsal on Wednesday, 7th of March 2012 and I got a few photos to share.





So that's it folks. We need your support and we guarantee classic music. Stay tuned and God bless!